Adegoke Pamilerin, is one of Nigeria’s finest and brilliant PR strategist. He is an expert in social media engagement and has created some hashtags such as #OmoIyaOlogi, #GiveAGirlChildAPad, others, to trend on twitter.
In a recent interview with NAIJALOADED, Adegoke Pamilerin popularly known as ThePamilerin, he told us how he has been surviving the PR business.
He also spoke about his involvement in an accident that was life threatening.
1. Can You Kindly Introduce Yourself And Tell Us What You Do For A Living?
My name is Adegoke Pamilerin, 25 years of age, I am a Digital Marketer, Brand Influencer and also a Food Critic
2. How Was Your Growing Up Like?
Growing up was fun. As the first born, Christian Parents, 5 Junior ones, lot of responsibilities on this young man’s head but God got us.
3. You Recently Did An Awareness On #giveagirlchildapad! How Was It Like, What Were The Challenges Faced And How Were You Able To Pull Through Despite Criticism?
It was a successful outreach, even amidst the backlash from some ladies on why a guy is sharing pads, or what do I stand to gain from the pad thing. But I knew what I wanted and just focused.
4. How Have You Been Able To Manage Your Fame Knowing That You Are Still Very Much In Your Early 20s?
I did not allow the fame get to me. I see myself as a normal street boy who can buy boli (roasted plantain) on the road whenever he wants to, I see myself as that guy that can still buy gala in traffic. Once I had this on my mind, I did not allow the social media paparazzi get to my head.
5. Dealing With Tough Clients, How Do You Pull Through?
It can be very very tasking. Especially when your client wants you to do A, but you know for sure that A can’t work unless you try B. And you also want to follow the saying that customers are always right.
6. Who Is/are Your Role Model(S), People You Look Up To In The PR Sector?
Adekunle Ayeni Samuel (ATG) of BlackHouse Media, Timilehin Bello (Bigimi) of Media Panache Nigeria.
7. Five Months Ago, You Had An Accident That Was Life Threatening, Can You Tell Us How It Happened?
I was on my way to an event around 1AM with my friends, none of us were drunk because Nigerians always assume once a young guy has an accident in the middle of the night, he was drunk.
I was approaching Adekunle, close to Third Mainland, as I was about navigating towards the bridge, a trailer from no where just appeared in my front. The driver passed one-way and still did not horn nor put on his headlights. I had no idea how I survived, but God came through.
8. What Can You Say About The Entertainment Industry In Nigeria And How Has PR Helped In Any Way?
The entertainment industry is growing and its been amazing over the years. Lot of amazing artists, actors, photographers, dancers, script writers and lot more. With the help of PR, the world has seen the talents and the vibe we got here.
9. There Have Been Lots Of Speculations That You Are Connected To Adekunle Gold, Is This True?
Not at all.
10. Kindly Advise Young Ones That Will Love To Go Into PR.
Do not go into PR because you think ‘so so’ person is successful and making money.
You have to make it your passion first, get yourself a mentor, read books, allow yourself to be vulnerable, be ready to take whatever comes during the learning process and pray.
The post NL Interview!! Social Media Expert, Adegoke Pamilerin Explains How He Survived A Car Accident 5 Months Ago appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria’s Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.